Brought to you by ZombieStomper Productions

This is how it begins.

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I see you.


A friend and myself, had recently decided to go urban exploring. Looking for anything that seemed out of the ordinary. It took us a couple of weeks, but we found it! An abandoned shop on the out skirts of the city. Neither of us had known about the place previously, we just stumbled acrossed it, while on the way to the park. We grabed our cameras and set out to photograph the decaying building. It was cold, and the ground was soggy, but we managed to wade our way there, leaving the car in a parking lot up the street. I began to take photos of the outside of the building. It couldn't have been built any later than the mid 70's. The curtains in the front windows where wide open, exposing the rot inside. I continued to take pictures, not paying attention to anything but what I was shooting. We entered the building through a hole in the wall, caused by collapsing brick. I continued to take pictures as we passed from what looked to be a chicken coop, then into the main building. As soon as we took our first step into the main building, it felt like there was one hundred eyes staring in our direction. It was an overwhelming feeling. I continued to snap pictures. We walked into the main store room and felt as if someone walked right passed us. Both of us shivered. We walked the grounds, me taking pictures of everything. I wound the film, one picture left, I asked my friend to pose infront of a window. I snaped the last picture and said my goodbyes to the building. The entire time, feeling eyes upon me.

We took the roll of film in for developing. As we waited we discussed what we had felt in that place. The feeling that we where not alone. An hour later, I picked up the newly developed pictures and flipped through them. To my surprise, three of the twenty seven frames, had something odd about them. First, were the pictures of the front windows, in one picture the curtains are open, the frame after that, they where shut. This sent a shiver down my spine, I hadn't noticed that when I was taking the pictures. But the picture that really got me, was the one of my friend infront of the window. There in the glass, clear as a person, is a person. Nobody was there besides us. We walked through the entire building. We where alone. But, the person was there, staring at me with terrifying eyes. I looked at the negative, and the same thing, a person. I asked the photo-shop guy if he had tampered with the film, his reply, no. I examined all of the film, I took the film to a friend who is a photographer, and has her own darkroom. Nobody could explain the person staring at me, as if to say "I see you."

(I never did go back to that building, and to tell you the truth, I really don't want to.)

No comments:

Post a Comment